- 5-year formal external inspections.
- Variable-period thickness testing of shell and roof. Horizontal tanks and tanks elevated above the ground on saddles or grillage may have the floor thickness tested without out-of-service (internal) inspection.
- Floor inspection (internal).
- Inspection of roof suports and beams.
- Shell inspection (internal). Often pitting is detected that UT (thickness testing) missed.
- Summary sheet of inspection due dates (external, thickness, internal)
- Tank code and specification summary (dimensions, material, foundations, age)
- Thickness test results and calculations
- Record of past inspections
- Listing of future inspections dates